28 Comments

1. Mountain Views
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

So why don't you bye another animal to kill just like browny I really don't want little Queen Gracie to be upset we see the way that she loves all of y'alls animals awww man she really is our favorite li girl on YouTube and her name the greatest girl name ever ever ever ever on THIS planet please make a big deal out of it make it a giant surprise for her it is easy parents this isn't about killing a animal to feed a family we eat our animals too it's about the Queen of this World Gracie we love you

2. Paul Raezer
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

You guys are awesome! I hope to be bringing my 2 grandbabies to visit with Justin and Rebecca, later this year. Maybe we will meet you guys, also!

3. Puggle Biscuit
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Brownie's about the most spoiled meat cow Ive ever seen :p I don't think that steer could've had a better life with anyone else, and its kind of like the end of an era getting a freezer for him. New Year starting with good food for sure!

4. Bo Wray
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

You need to update your bio from two parents and four (to five) children

5. Amanda Liverseidge
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Thank you. Brownie will serve you well as you did him.

6. GRAŻYNA Powolny
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

yes, the best ground. From my birth, it was ground in a similar one

7. jesfarm

Homestead meat. Go for it

8. Beteu Rodrigues
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Happy new year lovely family!

9. Rose

INdeed happy New year   lol

10. Donald Miller

Happy New Year from N.E. Ohio

11. Beth Fl , Elizabeth Crom
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Read Michael Pollan, The Omivore's Dilemna, I think he describes the cafo situation pretty well. Brownie has 'a great life, and will have one bad day' (Justin Rhodes quote) and ever so much better than factory farming. I am blessed to get my meat from a farm that cares for it's animals, grass fed, and out, free and fun… but if you go to the grocer, do not, please say a word against these sweet folks.

12. Stephie's Beads and Baubles
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

How exciting to get a freezer for a pig !!! Sounds like a win win for everyone. You have said from the start Brownie would be food one day no one should be upset. This is a homesteading channel. That is what homesteaders do, raise food for their families. If someone is not comfortable with it, then watching homestead channels might not be good for them .Happy New Year , I wish your sweet family a wonderful new year and look forward to seeing what you do this new year !!! I wish we could have raised our kids this way, , I really enjoy seeing the kids on the farm enjoying the property and being kids the way kids should be !!!

13. Cheryl Reed Rinick
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

If your animals run to food and then stop and not eat it, I’m thinking there is something wrong with that hay. Possibly mold, I wouldn’t feed it to my animals if that happened to me.

14. Jody Flores
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

I think one of the sweetest moments in this video is when Art went to the top of the pasture with Brighton. Brighton makin' himself comfortable in his daddy's lap and looking out on the homestead was so meaningful. Happy New Year to your family, blessings to you all. 🙂

15. Baybars Kürşad
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

hi. ı'm baybars. I follow u from Turkey with great love. I want you to record that kind of videos more often. ıf u come to Turkey one day, it will be my pleasure to host u in Ayvalık, Balıkesir, Turkey, in the west coast of Turkey. It's my dream to have a farm and raise animals like you. 🙁

16. Allison ' s Folly's
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

my experience with goats is that they are gluttons . do you always feed the goats grain that way? the bullys/strongest one get the grain the rest either get very little or none.. I sepererate my goats while I feed them so they each get a fair amount. I felt sorry for the goats who couldn't get their head in the bucket , especially if you have pregnant goats . Hmmm …. I love your family , your kids/children are wonderful. thank you for sharing your lives with us.

17. Christina Oklaohio

❤️

18. W. Bentley
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Glad to see Brownie will be fulfilling his role on the homestead. Everyone has to contribute. Oh and I LOVE beef! Enjoy a steak for me 🙂

19. The Euro Cooking Canuk
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! May you all be blessed with just enough, and good health in 2019! XOX

20. FiveTopsFarm
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Happy New Year to you and your entire family! I have so enjoyed following your journey 🙂

21. Marlene Reimchen

Happy New Year

22. M.K. Carol
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Life is cyclic and your current cycle is child bearing/rearing. Each year lived to the max for which cycle you're in is the optimal goal/accomplishment. The love in your family is so awesome to see. Thanks for the videos. If I had a mountain nearby I'd be preaching from it. LOL

23. Edie Koller
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Aww I like Brownie but I figured that would happen after his Mom got sick and died that some time you would eat him. That's life on a farm..and Its happening every day. Great video though..I think its great to look back on all the good things and bad that happens in life. I do not drink or do drugs or smoke so I too went to bed early but I did that at 9:30 PM. Its crazier here in Los Angeles Area. People set off illegal fireworks and shoot off guns and we do not have enough Police to cover it all. But this past new years was a quieter one as the noise only lasted one hour. I did drink some seltzer water myself was fine for me. Wishing you all a good year a farming and good health too. God Bless!

24. Forgotten Way Farms
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Happy New Year, love seeing all the farm life!

25. Lesley Harris

Happy New year to you all, ,blessings from les in England x

26. M Medley
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Happy New Year, Always look what's in front of you, LIFE on the Homestead…

27. Karen Brandenberger
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

This is a show about homesteading people. Growing your food in all ways and eating it.

28. juanita mills
    February 8, 2019 @ 10:28 pm

Some viewers dont seem to understand the purpose of farming/homesteading is to raise our own food. That includes raising our own meat. Animals on the farm are for food. Whether its eggs, milk or meat. Even cats abd dogs have a purpose. They keep tge farm safe from varmin and predators and sometimes keep our children safe. Growing up we had a dog that would not let any child close to the road. Bri, you havent failed, youre doing good. Heres to a wonderful new year new. Have a blessed day.